Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Whatcha reading?

One question I am always asked that I absolutely never ever tire of answering is, "what are you reading?"  Since it's been forever I thought I would post some of my faves here.  And if you have any that are worth mentioning please give me a holla in the comment section because seriously y'all.....I am ALWAYS looking for a good read.

Bully by Penelope Douglas: A young adult book that I think I paid .99 cents for on Amazon but loved every minute of it.  Made me reminisce about high school and young love.  Well written with good characters.  Had a hard time putting this one down.

Captive in the Dark & Seduced in the Dark by CJ Roberts:  Warning y'all.....these books are completely dark and not your average feel good book.  Nonetheless, I enjoyed them.  One minute I felt like I was gonna throw up, the next I was sobbing and then falling in love.  The characters are beautifully written and the writing is downright heartbreaking.  There were moments I wanted to throw the book down and never pick it up again but of course, like a moth to a flame, I was back wanting more.  There is a third out that I haven't read yet but am looking forward to it.

Crow's Row by Julie Hockley:  This is by far one of my favorite books I've read all year long!  A girl who is kidnapped falls in love with her captor with a mafia/gangster twist to it.  I won't give anything away but if you read nothing else you should read this book.  I loaned it to Doug who also read and enjoyed it.  There is a second book due out this winter sometime and I am counting down the days!

On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves:  GREAT book alert!  Kinda think Cast Away with a love story.  The writing is outstanding and I enjoyed the characters in this book more than most.  I like books that are thought provoking and I definitely had a hard time picking up another book after finishing this one. 

This Man, Beneath this Man and This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas:  This series is just plain fantastic!  The writing is sometimes downright hilarious and made me feel like I could totally be besties with the main character of these books.  And I have one name for you that after you read will send tingles down your back....Jesse Ward.  He is probably one of the hottest characters I've ever read in a book alongside Christian Grey and Gideon Cross.  Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed.

Vain by Fisher Amelie:  This book stole my heart.  I totally didn't expect it but it did.  I even did the "ugly" cry over it.  Another thought provoking book that left me feeling like I needed a few days to digest all that I read before moving on to something else.  Wonderful characters, wonderful setting, wonderful writing! 

I could literally sit here all night long and talk about books and list book after book after book.  But I won't.  I only have 30 or more books sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read.  Damn you 1-click!  You make it so easy....

No comments: