Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I love...

Things that I am really loving lately...

1) Pumpkin spiced waffles.  Or pumpkin bars.  Or pumpkin spice coffee creamer.  Really....I love anything to eat/drink that has the word pumpkin inserted in front of it.  A few of my co-workers have gone on a Pinterest inspired bake off with all things pumpkin.  Last week we were surprised with pumpkin bars with frosting drizzled on the top.  My blood sugar was spiking up just looking at the darn bars!  But my...oh my, they were heaven!  And moments ago I logged onto Facebook to read that another co-worker is making.......(drum roll).....pumpkin dump cake!  Holy crap I'm in a good mood now!

2) I love how each and every single morning, when the girls get out of the car in car line at school, Hadley immediately reaches for Delaney's hand and Delaney holds her hand and walks her into the building.  It's so automatic.  It's like they've synchronized it down to how many steps they take before they clutch each other's hand and head off into their world.  It never fails to evoke a smile from me and I secretly love that I never even asked them to do it but it's done all on their terms.  My sweet girls.

3) I am loving all of my good books!  I was telling a friend the other day that the amount of money I've spent in the last 6 months on books alone, I could have purchased several Kindles by now.  Sigh.  Here are a few of my latest good reads:

Easy by Tammara Webber (If you're a fan of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire you'll LOVE this one)

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

The Other Woman by Jane Green

I am dying to get my hands on Reflected in You by Sylvia Day!  I am cooling my heels until October 23 when Amazon promises to deliver my pre-ordered copy.  I pray our UPS man does not call out sick. 

4) I am loving the cooler weather.  Not because I like cold weather....I don't.  It's just nice to get a break from all the humidity and hot temperatures.  It's nice to send the girls out into the backyard to play in the afternoons and not have to worry about the DAMN mosquitoes.  Or if they ask me to jump on the trampoline, I don't have to fake an injury/back ache/old age to avoid sweating to death.  Bottom line, the cooler weather makes it easier to enjoy time spent outdoors.

5) I love the "fall spice" scent made for Febreeze plug-ins.  There's something to be said to coming home to a house that has a nice aroma.  Cuz with a dog, two kids and a husband who insists on cooking food that punches you in the face the second you step onto the main floor, we need the Febreeze.

6) I love that I have learned that the word "no" is not a bad word.  It's just plain necessary.  I have really learned to embrace the fact that I cannot do everything and wouldn't want to even if I could.  Instead of feeling guilty, I just feel empowered.

7) I love Henry Cavill.  Seriously.  I love that Doug is not threatened by my obsession.  In fact, when he learned that Henry Cavill is the new Superman, he called to share the news with me, knowing how excited I would be.  If that's not true love, I don't know what is.

8) I love the movie Hotel Transylvania. Doug and I took the girls over the weekend and it was AWESOME!  Honestly, I love most kid movies but this one was particularly good.  The characters were super funny, plenty of adult humor and I loved that it was a new idea.  I am looking forward to seeing it again!


1 comment:

Kassandra Nucci said...

So sweet.. and u crack me up about your hubs and cavill...luv that! I'm thinking I'm gonna post a blog all about books.. its just gonna take a bit to go thru my 250 books on my kindle... Ridiculous, I know....and I'm loving the outdoors right now too!