Friday, September 21, 2012

Mulch, Skating, Puppetry & randomness...
















*My cousin Matt, and his wife Casey, had their first baby.  They had a girl & named her Elana McKenzie.  While we were having dinner one Sunday evening at Cracker Barrel, the girls and I came across a pair of hot pink boots with the cutest owl faces on them.  I almost screamed right there in the store because we women become quite excited when we are presented with cute baby clothing and accessories.  It's really no different as your kids get older as I still catch myself getting way too excited over cute shoes, skirts, dresses or really anything pink.  Or sparkly.  For the girls. 

*Last week at school, I got not one but TWO phone calls from the school nurse.  The first call was regarding Delaney and the untimely departure of her tooth.  Fortunately, the tooth came out on it's own which is a blessing when it comes to Delaney.  This kid will not under any circumstances yank out her own tooth.  We've had the dentist, little sister, dad, an aunt's burned monkey bread, mom, and now her lunch at school do the duty for her.  Unfortunately, a whole big bloody mess ensued which may have caused a little bit of a freak out.  The nurse assured me that NO I did not need to pick her up.  She sealed the tooth in a plastic bag and sent Delaney on her merry little way.  Three days later I received a call from the nurse regarding Hadley.  Apparently, while swinging superman-style on the swing during recess, Hadley went a bit too high and flipped out of said swing and landed face first in the mulch.  The mulch left behind it's nasty little prints all over the left side of Hadley's face.  The nurse again assured me that she was fine and I did not need to get her out of school (even though there were literally only 10 minutes left).  I wasn't sure what to expect but the nurse was not joking when she said the area was pretty BIG.  I'm hoping that the nurse and I are done corresponding for a while.

*We took the girls last weekend for their first visit to the Center for Puppetry Arts to see The Three Little Pigs.  For years we've heard nothing but good things about this place.  Doug surprised us with tickets and I have to admit....that place is rocking!  Not only did we get to see a play, they also have a puppet museum and a puppet workshop that corresponds with whatever play is showing on that particular day.  It was very entertaining and the girls are already hounding us to go back again.  I've got my eye on the upcoming Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for Thanksgiving break.

*I've got a few more really good reads to share with my reading peeps:

1) Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day
2) Gabriel's Inferno & Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

*Conversation I had with Hadley the other day:

H: Momma, I love Santa Claus & God!

Me:  That's so nice sweetie!

H:  I love God the most though.  Because when you die, he takes you to heaven.

Me:  (sniff, sniff)

No comments: