Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dauset Trails & other tidbits of random info...



















Today, after barely being out of bed 5 whole minutes, Doug approached me and informed me that he needed me to get "my act together" because he had somewhere for us to go today.  I'm not sure what he meant by that comment, considering it's not usually me holding up the show around these parts.  Nonetheless, we ate breakfast, showered, packed up a lunch for four and drove 90 miles south to a place called Dauset Trails.  It's literally in the middle of nowhere.  I have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was and it turned out to be a nice 3 hour retreat for us.  We walked the trails, consistently catching tiny frogs (y'all know Hadley was in some sort of seventh heaven).  We checked out all the animals, birds, etc. they had throughout the trails.  I think one of our favorites was the otters.  They literally would get out of the water and come right up to the fence, as close as they could get, and patiently await some treats.  Hadley declared that she wished she could take them home.  I asked her where in the world would they live.  The bathtub.  Duh.  Oh and the best part is that's is FREE.  No parking fee.  No nothing.  Which is really amazing considering how nice of a place this is.

So life around here these days as been really great.  I have my weekends back now for the third weekend in a row.  Fabulous!  I am enjoying my new job so very much it just makes me feel almost giddy.  We are making plans with friends.  We are planning our upcoming trip to Disney in February which I am trying hard not to think about too much or I will get overexcited.  Cuz y'all know how I feel about Disney.  And Cinderella's castle.  I am buying too many books.  TOO MANY BOOKS.  I told Doug I feel like my job is supporting my book habit.  While we're on this subject, let me a throw a few titles at you in case you need a suggestion or two:

1) Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

2) Bared to You by Sylvia Day

3) Reason to Breathe & Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan

All of them were completely fabulous!  And I just got three more books in the mail this week so I have some serious reading to get on.  Doug and I are finishing up season 4 of The Tudors.  Which is probably a good thing considering Henry VIII is looking pretty bad in this last season and my love for Charles (Duke of Suffolk) is gonna die off if I have to look at his shaggy beard and gross hair any longer.  Why did Showtime have to do that to my crush?  Henry VIII is currently married to Catherine Howard and I think she's about to have an affair so I'm pretty sure she's about to lose her pretty head.  Which I've totally been cheering for because she's sort of trampy. We've also just started watching season 1 of Mad Men which is seriously good although I feel as though I'm going to get stage 4 lung cancer just watching the show as they ALL smoke nonstop.  And last but not least, I must admit to you.....I have been watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.  I know I should be thoroughly ashamed but I'm not.  It's not a great or even good show by any means but for some reason I find this family entertaining in a train wreck sorta way.  Maybe it's the whole, well look at what our life could be like! 


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I want to go to dauset trails! Thanks for the idea. I love the free part! Our neighbor introduced us to honey boo boo and we are a little obsessed with it. Both rob and i die laughing. Our favorite wad when they went shopping at the dump!