Friday, July 20, 2012

Splash park, more hermit crabs & random thoughts...

~Have been getting WAY more rain this week than I care for.  The one day this week when it did not cloud over, we met our good friends, the Gilliams, over at the Splash Park in Roswell.  Good times were had by all and the kids were not ready to leave when we finally dragged them away.  Cost is only $1 per kid for endless fun.  When the kiddies got bored, we sent them outside to the nearby parks (two of them) and when they proceeded to get hot, we reentered the splash park to start all over again.  Ice cream ended our perfect day as we are frantically trying to squeeze in as much fun as possible in the next week and a half before we report back to school.

~We've gone and done it again.  Yep...we have adopted another hermit crab.  Gasp!  It's kinda funny how we've all really come to adore little Hermie.  Some of us more than others.  Hadley had made a comment here and there about getting her own hermit crab.  Facing another rainy day today, we packed it up and headed out for lunch and shopping where we acquired Hadley's new hermit crab, Hermie Jr.  Clearly, we are not creative in thinking up pet names.  First he started out as Hermit, then Kermie and lastly, Hermie Jr.  Hermie Jr. is much smaller than Hermie.  More energetic too.  Bought the two crabs a bigger pad so they can stretch out and go crazy digging holes.  I don't know what it is about these guys but I think they are too fricking cute and I adore them both.  Who woulda thought?  Delaney tried to talk me into a hamster, rat and gerbil while pet shopping and I politely told her no.  No way do I need another thing to care for.  And she can seriously kiss the idea of ever owning a rat good-bye.  Ain't gonna happen sister.

~I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but I seem to have a bit of road rage.  I. Hate. Stupid. Drivers.  Atlanta is full of idiot drivers.  Half of what gets my blood boiling is that people do not stop anymore.  They yield and keep on driving no matter how close another oncoming car is.  Which is usually me and I have to slam on my brakes to keep from smashing into stupid said car.  The other day something similar happened and before I could utter a word about it, Delaney commented from the backseat.  "People really need to learn how to drive!  Right Momma?" Well said Delaney.

~Random thought for the day: if you go on vacation and consistently have to update your Facebook status or upload a new and exciting picture of your kids, yourself or whomever you're vacationing with more than once a day, you're missing the entire point of said vacation.  Which leads me to believe that your vacation must be more boring then you're letting on with your status.  People...go on fricking vacation and enjoy spending time with your family.  Facebook should be the last thing on your mind.












2 comments:

Kim said...

The idiot drivers have become known as 'idjits' in our house. Sheridan is now a professional 'idjit' watcher. I cannot even back out of a parking space without hearing, "Wait a minute - there is an idjit walking behind the car, not looking where they are driving, etc." Yes, I will be paying for his therapy when he learns that idjit stands for damn idiot!

Sarah said...

We love the splash park and haven't been this summer. Since this is our last week of summer, maybe we should go this week! As for the facebook status, i completly agree. I love leaving my phone in our condo while at the beach. In fact this year i think i left it off almost everyday.