Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The birthday in which I may have lost my mind...probably not though!



Sweet Birthday Girl



Hadley, meet lizard. Lizard, meet Hadley.


 Milk Snake (I don't care that this thing is non-venomous, if I see something like this slithering around my yard it's as good as dead if I can get to a shovel without dying of a heart attack.)


Baby Alligator



King Snake


 Python (I can still feel the blood draining out of my face at the sight of this creature.)



This snake weighs 64 lbs.  I tried to lift the tail to lay across the girls' legs but at the feel of this snake I backed away shaking my head.  NO WAY.









For all of you out there who have looked at the above pictures and convinced yourself you could never give a party like this one because you HATE reptiles and Katie is just crazy for letting these snakes into her house and yada yada yada, let me just say one thing to that...yes you can.  If I can, you can.  Trust me, I have no love whatsoever for snakes.  One of the things I have been adamant about since having kids of my own is, don't put your fears on your children.  And since I'm pretty nuts, with plenty of issues all my own, I have tried very hard to adhere to this rule if you will.  Clearly, the pictures just speak for themselves.  I mean, does Hadley look like she's scared of any of the snakes she's holding?  She practically swooned with delight.  Me?  Well, let's just say I sat through the party, snapping pictures and trying very hard not to think about an episode of Snakes Gone Wild going down in our family room.  But seriously, one of our greatest birthday parties ever.  The kids loved it.  We lucked out with beautiful weather so the kids were able to also get some play time in in the backyard.  I was able to kick back and catch up with some good friends.  Another year has come and gone and our sweet Hadley girl is 5.  5 years old.  Jeez.  Why does the time go by so fast?  Happy Birthday Hadley Marie...we love you so very much!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are an awesome mom! I am thinking we could do the same kind of party but Rob could just bring the snakes home :)