Monday, November 7, 2011

Whatcha reading?



It's been a while since I've shared some of my favorite reads but I felt like I could NOT not share this book. My mother recently told me about it and I found it while scanning the shelves at Goodwill, which has become a great place for me to find cheap books. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls is a memoir written about her dysfunctional parents and her life with them. It was so good I can't even put it into words. My heart broke for the kids in this story. While there is serious neglect from the parents, I could not help but feel this tremendous love from the father. My emotions were constantly conflicting as I kept reading. Some pages I felt like I could seriously weep and others left me laughing out loud. A serious page turner and as far as I'm concerned, a MUST read. It left me feeling like there is nothing I can't handle or overcome with my own family. In the end, it's the bonds of childhood that hold us together throughout our lives.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love getting books at goodwill. I go there or the library. I'll have to look for this one. I just finished The Help-have you read it? I really enjoyed it.