Friday, July 15, 2011

Our summer days look like this...

No...we did NOT drop off the face of the planet! We're still here. I find it harder in the summer months to get in any blogging due to the fact that it's summer which = less time for mommy to get anything done. My house is a mess. I am completely behind on scrap booking. The garage has been begging for a makeover for months. But we don't care about any of that. We live our weeks working in as much water activity as humanly possible. Hadley is still holding firm in her "Miss Hawaiian Tropic" with her ridiculously tanned self. Delaney has advanced into the summer reading "chapter books" which she stays up late to do (even though she doesn't know that we know she's doing it). Doug has taken to the outdoors this summer like no body's business. Camping trip #2 commences next week and he could not be more thrilled about it. He has very much enjoyed sharing this with the girls although I think Delaney enjoys it the most. Hadley seems to be more of my mind set as far as the sleeping in a tent goes. I have spent every available extra minute I've had this summer reading (which may explain the reason why I have accomplished nothing else). But seriously, I love it and since I never get to read like this on a normal day, it makes the summer feel that much more special to me. All in all, we are enjoying doing a little bit of everything. Hard to believe that Delaney will be a 1st grader in 2-1/2 weeks and Hadley will be in Pre-K in 6 weeks. I mean I know I say this a lot but seriously, where does the time go?




Luke, Canyon & Delaney (besties!)




























No comments: