Saturday, May 7, 2011

A superstar is born...




Hadley with Ms. Beth & other girls in her age group









One of the down sides to working weekends (besides the fact that you're working on the weekend), is that sometimes I have to miss things that are important to my family. Or certain members of the family. Today I missed Hadley's Gymnastics Spring Fling which is basically a time where each individual class can show off what they've been working on throughout the year. Each child gets a medal so everyone feels like a winner. And while they did the same things they do every Friday when I take her, I still missed seeing my Hadley girl in action. It dawned on me while I was down on myself for not being present, I still have it good. I get to spend 5 whole days every week from sun up to sun down with my girls. I only have to work 10-12 hours total on the weekends. And while I missed today, I took off tomorrow from work so I will get to spend Mother's Day with my family. Life can be full of disappointment. I just do my best and hope the rest will work itself out. When Hadley got home today and pulled out her medal with the biggest smile ever, I know that we can't be doing it all wrong. The kids are alright...

No comments: