Sunday, May 1, 2011

Inspired by Nature

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon with my biggest little. Delaney girl. Now that she's in school we don't get much alone time together anymore. Yesterday I promised her we would go do something together. Just the two of us. Now if you know Delaney, you know that she has an intense love of lions, cheetahs and tigers. It all started when we introduced the movie, Lion King. And she's not the only fanatic. Meet little sister Hadley. We have a huge bin full of lions, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, etc. in the playroom and my girls have been known to round them ALL up, grab The Lion King book, and head outside where they both reenact the entire book bit by bit. Anyway, when I saw previews for Disney's movie, African Cats, I knew this was a movie for my girls. Since Saturday afternoon was an afternoon for just me and Delaney, we decided to see it anyway with promises that if it was REALLY good we would bring back the whole darn family. Needless to say, we will be doing just that.


I was really blown away by this documentary. For me, it portrayed the love of these families, both lions and cheetahs. There were parts where I laughed out loud. There were parts where I thought I'd chew my fingernails completely off. There were parts where I could have sobbed. The main thing I took away from this movie is that motherhood really is universal. It doesn't matter if you're a lion, cheetah or a human being but as mothers, we all have this instinct to love and protect our offspring no matter what. No matter what it takes. No matter what we have to do. We will go to the ends of the Earth to protect our babies. I came away from this movie feeling like everything just made more sense. I can't even put it into words to describe the emotions that I felt but it was very inspiring. It felt really big to me. And it was just plain wonderful. So I would tell EVERYONE to take an afternoon to go and enjoy this film. It is worth seeing and I am very much excited that I get to go and see it again.



These pictures were taken in Amicolola Falls. This was a "friend" that Delaney made half way up the mountain. We finally had to coax her into letting the little guy go so he could go eat and just be a caterpillar (cause she must have carried him for a good 15 minutes or so). I like these pictures because they show Delaney as we all really know her to be which is in love with nature and everything in it.









No comments: