Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mother's Day Lunch with Hadley

Hadley drew this picture of me! At least I'm smiling...




"Please walk slower, Mommy" said a child so small.

"I'm walking in your footsteps, and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Mommy for you are leading me.


Someday when I'm all grown up, you're what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true,

So walk a little slower, Mommy for I must follow you."




Hand print flowers with a hand painted vase. So cute!





Card made by Hadley (she's so crafty this kid!)







I especially love that I am "60" years old but only weight 3 pounds! I guess one cancels out the other!






Took this picture for Daddy because he LOVES a good lion face...




Me & my sweet little pea (thanks Lily's mom)!



Hadley & Ms. Jennifer (her fave!)



Today was Hadley's Mother's Day Lunch and Music & Movement Observation at preschool. I always looks forward to this special time of the year. Being a mom is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and I cannot get enough home-made goodies from my littles. Upon entering the Fellowship Hall today I was greeted by delighted little squeals from Hadley as she bolted for me and threw her arms around my leg. "You came back momma!" We sat at our designated seats which was surrounded by the cutest goodies made by yours truly. Hadley then jumped up and went bounding off to retrieve a glass of lemonade for me. While we munched on our lunch she babbled on about all the things she made for me. "I gave you a smiley face on your picture Momma." As I've said before, being a mother is such hard work. There are good days and bad days. Days we cherish and days we could forget existed altogether. Days like today, they make me know that there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing. These girls give me joy that nothing else can compare to. I am thankful for them. I am grateful to God for allowing me to be their mother. Above all else, I know how blessed I am.














2 comments:

Sarah said...

Everything was so cute especially what she said about you-those always make me laugh!!

Carmen said...

And nobody rocks pink hair like you do, Katie!