Monday, March 14, 2011

The day we lost the Parents of the Year Award...












Day 4 of our Disney Extravaganza was spent in Hollywood Studios. I like this park, but of all the parks we visited, this was my least favorite. Our girls are too small to enjoy all the grown-up rides they offer. We did enjoy the many shows we saw which include Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Muppet Vision 3-D. Both girls also really enjoyed Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set (hence the big play-dough). Doug had been talking all week about riding the Tower of Terror. Which is in Hollywood Studios. Normally, I wouldn't have wanted to ride this particular ride, but because the girls had gone all wimpy on us, we were both getting pretty desperate at this point. Which brings me to the part about losing our Parents of the Year Award.

So...have you ever made a decision as a parent, and within 3 minutes of making said decision decide that "Holy shit I cannot believe we're doing this??!!?" Well, that's how I felt when we all decided to ride the Tower of Terror. For those of you that have never had the pleasure to ride it, here's a brief synopsis per Disney World:

"Plunge down the dark freight elevator shaft of the once glamorous Hollywood Tower Hotel in the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a ride for big kids, teens and adults."

So that's what we put our almost 4 year old and 6 year old on. As for Delaney, I wasn't too terribly concerned. That may sound mean but she's 6 and up until recently she's always loved scary fast rides. But I knew, deep down in the pit of my stomach that Hadley had no business getting on this ride. But again, we were desperate and you know what they say about desperation. So we rode it. And seriously, I have never wanted to scream out loud so bad in all my life but I did NOT. I bit my lip and suffered through it. Doug and Hadley were seated in front of Delaney and myself. I could hear Hadley out of the corner of my mind screaming to Doug about how much she HATED this ride. Delaney, who had kept her cool for most of the ride, began to weep a little beside me. Oh hell. So the ride stopped. We, with the two screaming kids, shuffled off of the ride and out into the bright sunshine where we acquired a few more glares from shocked and outraged parents.



Delaney: I NEVER EVER want to ride that ride again. WAAAA-AAAAHHHHH!


Hadley: Me either! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


Doug: We have officially ruined any chance of ever getting them to ride another risky ride ever again.


Me: Who wants ice cream?




1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is too funny! I am glad you were able to "enjoy" the ride!