Monday, February 28, 2011

Waiting for rain...


Today is a windy, warm day. It's a wearing jeans and flip-flops kinda day. For me, it's been a bad day. It's one of those days where I want to crawl back into bed and say "uncle." A day where I can do no more. I won't get into details....it's just one of those days. The girls are happily playing "Jake & the Neverland Pirates" in the backyard. I let them play together while I let the wind whip my hair around my head as I brush the dog, who's losing his "winter coat." Off in the distance I see storm clouds approaching. They've been hovering all day and it looks like they're closer now. It's getting darker. And I'm ready for it.

"After winter comes the summer. After night comes the dawn. And after every storm, there comes clear, open skies." ~Samuel Rutherford

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you had one of those days-I hope it is a better day tomorrow.