Monday, February 7, 2011

Rainy days lead to...







So...our least favorite season is winter. When I say our I really mean me. I freaking hate winter. It's cold. It's rainy. Half of our backyard gets zero sunshine until Daylight Savings begins again. Which means that it's a soggy gross mess out there. I have one kid who doesn't mind playing outside in the cooler weather. I have another kid who does mind the cooler weather and prefers to be indoors. The last few weeks around here we have had a lot of rainy days. Never fear. My girls love to be in the kitchen. I love to be in the kitchen. So on days like this, we make homemade chocolate chip cookies. And between us, we really just like the dough. Delaney would get out a spoon and eat it as a meal if her mother would let her. It's a nice activity to distract because it involves taking turns, pouring ingredients and listening for directions. Both girls get an A+.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We love to make cookies too-I was just telling the boys that we need to make our annual Valentine's heart cookies soon! Also, I'm sorry to hear about the kitten.