Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!
















What better way to celebrate the impending New Year? Oh yeah...roller skating! As if ice skating with Delaney the other day wasn't torture enough, the four of us headed over to Sparkles to see how many more bruises we could acquire. And acquire did we ever! Although it must be said that I am infinitely better at roller skating than I am at ice skating. Much to my surprise, most things in a roller skating rink have not changed much since the 7th grade when I last skated. Still the fancy roller skates. Still the bad neon lighting. Still that one guy who can roller skate like a mofo and you find yourself out there trying your damnedest to play it cool like you do this every 'ole weekend and mimic him. Still find that you can't mimic this guy and retire your hiney to the bench on the sidelines where you stroll down memory lane and remember when you were that bad ass skater girl. Now you're just getting passed by 7 year olds who are wearing their Rollerblades. And you don't even want to get me started on how awful I am at rollerblading...



No comments: