Sunday, November 28, 2010

Yellow River Ranch

Today, we ventured over to the Stone Mountain area to a place called the Yellow River Ranch. Several friends had told me I just had to check this place out. I have two of the biggest animal lovers on the planet. I'm sure Delaney is dreaming up a way to trade in her new coat for fur as I type this. Anyway, this place did NOT disappoint. In fact, we all loved it so much we're planning our next trip.
Hadley feeding the deer (with her BARE hands people)! I have to admit, at first I was a little nervous. I mean, has anyone else seen the show, "When Animals Attack!" Needless to say, I had a clip of this playing in the back of my mind as I planted a few sliced apples into Hadley's hand. All for nothing though because these little deer were so precious I was ready to trade in my coat for fur as well.

Delaney feeding the deer. The deer loved the quiet kid. Told Delaney to shut up her little sister who was scaring the shit out of her.

The deer staring at Hadley. Hadley was shrieking "Look, it's a DEER!!!" at the top of her lungs. I lost count of how many times in the first two minutes I tried to quiet her down.


Bob the squirrel. These little guys were everywhere! They were damn adorable! This squirrel walked right up to me and politely took a peanut from my palm. I fainted from all the excitement.



Delaney giving her neck hold again. Clearly showing she dominates little sister. Or perhaps would like to think she does.







Hadley petting a bunny. There was a sign posted in front of the bunny pen that said, "Do NOT chase the bunnies. If you can't follow the rules, you may NOT enter." I reiterated this all to Hadley word for word.


I seriously thought for a fraction of a second that I would love to own a bunny. They're so soft!



Only 25 cents! Sign us up....



This 25 cents almost cost a trip to the ER. No one told us that is was three times as fast as the others. We were just happy that Hadley held on for 8 seconds.



See how annoying we can be? Delaney is already over us.



Me and my sweet little pea












1 comment:

Sarah said...

We have been wanting to go there. It looks like you guys had a great time!