Thursday, November 25, 2010

This year I am thankful for....















This year, Thanksgiving, was one of the best we've ever had. Why? Because it was the first year the girls were so darn helpful. They wanted me to include them on the WHOLE process. From the early morning pumpkin cheesecake making to the turkey to the casseroles. And I enjoyed every minute of it let me tell you. I always knew there was a reason God blessed us with girls. I know what makes them tick and I know what to do to keep the occupied and happy. So not only did they help in the kitchen, they also helped with setting the table. They did about 85% of it without me. I gave them a little direction and the rest was all them. They were so cute. And so darn proud of themselves! It was one of those days where I felt like my heart would just burst with joy. Like I couldn't love them anymore than I did today. It's moments like these that again, I am thankful for diabetes. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. With diabetes, I can stick around with my girls and my favorite guy and enjoy my life. I can sing silly songs to the girls each night and snuggle with them under their covers until their eyes get droopy with sleep. I can kiss their boo-boos and hug them tight when they fall down and get hurt. I can make their favorite cookie dough and let them eat it out of the mixing bowl. I can read them their favorite stories day after day and never once get tired of doing it. Yes. This year there is much to be thankful for. It's nice to have a reminder of what I still get to do. And I'm so grateful for it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a great day and made some of the same stuff we made! Happy Thanksgiving!