Monday, August 2, 2010

Disappointment

Over the course of this past week, I have been really down. I mean it. I have felt so down in the dumps it's all I can do sometimes to put one foot in front of the other. But low and behold, I have made it through the week and the burden on my shoulders starts to lift a little and in this moment, I know things will work out and I'll be okay. I have much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband who I also consider my bestest friend. I have two very happy and healthy little girls who bring me great joy. My husband has a good job. I enjoy my small part-time job. My girls know that we love them and would do almost anything for them. They're safe. They're content.

What I need to do is to shut out and completely ignore all outside elements that want to hurt our family. I need to remember that some people are just not happy. If they can't find happiness they want to destroy what others have. I know this. I can't let it affect us. We're strong. We'll conquer this too and move on. Putting it down and into words I can see really helps me. I'm able to give my feelings a voice but not direct it to anyone in particular. Because if I gave in and did just that, I would be no better than the negativity trying to hurt me. I'm better than that. We will get through this and be the better for it. Life is full of hard things. I know this. No one said this would be easy. And sometimes life just isn't fair. Life is full of so many wonderful other things, that the bad feelings don't last long. In my heart I know that this too shall pass.

No comments: