Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Ode to Doug....the best daddy in the whole wide world!










Happy Father's Day to the man in our world....Doug! Thank you for being the best darn daddy you can be to our girls. Thank you for always putting up with the constant 24 hour drama that lurks behind the walls of this house. Thank you for building animal sets with Hadley day after day after day. And doing it with such enthusiasm that it makes her whole day! Thank you tolerating Delaney on days where it'd be preferable just to lock her in her room and cover your ears to not hear her. I agree, it's truly amazing how much she's already resembling a teenager. I tried to warn you about living with girls. Now I'm positive you are listening to me. Thank you for being brave and killing all the bugs, spiders, etc. that enjoy tormenting us. I know it scares you too sometimes but I appreciate you putting on your big boy pants and getting the job done.
Thank you for taking over on the weekends now that I'm working and doing it with no complaints. Going back to work has been an enjoyable experience and it makes me feel so good knowing you're home caring for girls and getting to spend quality time with them. It's also fun for them to experience how daddy handles things when mommy's not around. Most of all, we appreciate how you work so hard to take care of this family. Being a parent and a provider is a thankless job a lot of the time but we always appreciate you. Even when we forget to say it or show it. And a big thank you for driving the 'ole Honda all these years even though you secretly lust for a new car. It will happen one day...I just know it. We know you make HUGE sacrifices for us and it does not go unnoticed. We love you and hope you enjoy your day......

No comments: