Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting my groove back....




Okay, so let me start off by saying up front, I am NOT using this blog to brag today. Nope. I have worked really really hard on something and since it has not been discussed I want to discuss it. You may remember me complaining back in October about my weight. Now before you roll your eyes and make some ridiculous remark let me explain. When I got pregnant with Delaney I weighed 113 pounds. I was a size 2. Then I had her and I remained in a size 4. Obviously no complaints there. A size 4 is ridiculously great and I had nothing to complain about. Then I got pregnant with Hadley. I gained 35 pounds with her and remained in a size 6 after she was born. Still felt good and a size 6 is still completely awesome in my opinion. I started to notice after she was around 18 months that I was moving into a size 8. Which is still fine with me but I was noticing things about my body that I personally didn't care for. I tried working out. I felt good but only lost a pound or two at the most. Still I plugged along until last fall I noticed my size 8 was feeling a bit snug. I stepped on the scale and it was headed toward 140. Whoa. For me that felt like a lot of weight. I knew I was headed into a size 10 if I didn't do something. But what do I do? I was working out, maybe not as often as I would have liked but often enough. So I did the one thing I had never dared to do. I looked at my diet. The one thing I knew I had to give up was the snacking and portion sizes. I mean my "night" snacking was out of control. I chalked it up to the fact that it was the one time of the day when the girls were asleep and no one needed me so I could relax and enjoy myself. And boy did I ever! So I made a promise to cut the snacking out. So I cut down to 3 meals a day and watched my portion control. I cut out all snacking period. If I want a piece of cake after dinner then I have to eat it right after dinner. The only break I would give myself was if I was starving and knew I had to have something or I would just die, I would get a Jello pudding snack out of the refrigerator and be content with that. I figure 100 calories can't be too bad. This all started right before Halloween and I'm happy to say that I'm still sticking with it. And to date I'm 19.2 pounds lighter! Losing this weight has hands down been a very hard thing. I've never really had to restrict myself before but I did and I feel amazing. I feel really good. Yesterday, for the first time since Delaney was 18 months old, I put on a bikini when we went to the pool. And I wasn't even self-conscious one bit. I didn't stress. I took off my cover up when we arrived and let my poor belly (that hasn't seen the sun in quite a few summers) get a little tan. I felt so good that last night I sat down and ordered myself a new bikini from my new favorite store, Athleta (shown above). It's feels nice to think that after 5 years, I may be getting my groove back....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you and happy that you are happy... even though secretly you know I'm so rolling my eyes at you skinny minny!!!
Miss ya,
Steph