Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The games we play

Look at these little cuties! Aren't they so sweet in their little inflatable pool? Yes, temperatures here lately have been hovering around 95 degrees combined with the heat index which makes it feel like 105 degrees. So, yes, it's been hot. And I hate to complain since I also happen to loathe freezing cold weather. With Vacation Bible School this week we haven't had much time to go down to the neighborhood pool. Which is kinda alright with me since I need a break from ALL the swimming I have to do with these kids! Yeesh! So we filled up our little pool the other day and I was very surprised that both girls had such a good time and no fights broke out. Okay, maybe one fight broke out but it's hardly worth mentioning in any detail.

So while I was in and out from the kitchen to the back porch, the girls devised a cute little game all their own. Delaney would stick her face right up to Hadley's face and they would bump noses. This in turn made Hadley giggle hysterically. "Do it again," she would yell to Delaney. They were so cute it made my heart all melty. It's moments like these where I am so thankful for these girls. They are so wonderful. They are so cute. They make my heart feel so full of happiness.

I wouldn't trade these cute faces for anything in the world. And this is one of the many ways we are enjoying our summer break. How's yours going?



1 comment:

Sarah said...

It has been way too hot here-I thought maybe it was just me since I am 8 months pregnant! I wish we had a neighborhood pool to go to but we have been making use of our backyard pool too! My boys will play games like that too and it is so cute until one of them hits the other one!