Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day lunch with Delaney


Delaney & MacKenzie (BFF's)


Delaney and her gang picking "flowers"

Notice how old this child thinks I am! God bless her...

This is a portrait Delaney drew of me. I may not have many fingers but darn if I'm not skinny!

I just love this. My favorite thing indeed!

Aside from the bumble bees (which were part of her design) Delaney painted everything else all by herself.


Every year, like most moms, I look forward to Mother's Day. I especially enjoy my Mother's Day lunch at school with Delaney (even though this is her last year). I get a lot of handmade goodies and I get to have lunch only with Delaney. Delaney even seats me and fetches me something to drink. All the kids look so proud and happy! It's days like these that I'm so grateful for my girls. Below is the poem that was on the "hand & feet" picture Delaney made.


Two little hands so perfectly made
For you to hold when I'm afraid
To play a song, or throw a ball
To reach for dreams,
Whether big or small.


Two little feet will grow so strong
It doesn't take them very long
To run, to dance, to stand up tall
And aspire one day to have it all.


So many possibilities at every turn
Miles to travel, things to learn
But as I grow and carve my way
You'll have this picture to remember this day!


Sniff, sniff....I just love this! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life. Some of you are relatives and some are friends but you're all family to me! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: