Friday, May 14, 2010

Future class of 2023

Delaney's preschool class

Daddy & Delaney


Mommy & Delaney



MacKenzie, Daniel, Ethan, Delaney & Emily




Silly faces!!!



Proud parents with their little "scholar"



Delaney & Ms. JoAnn (her favorite teacher)



Delaney & Hadley




Hadley, Poppie, Delaney (doing jazz hands apparently) and Mee-Maw



I drop Delaney off with her class and head to the Sanctuary. Hadley and I are rushing off to find Doug and his parents. The moment we have been anticipating all year has come. Pre-K graduation! Delaney is so excited! She has been practicing for weeks in the pool, in her room, any where she can flex her vocal cords. In other words, I have been given a sneak preview so I am looking forward to seeing my big girl in action.


I flip over the program that was given to me and I see the words, "The future class of 2023." Good grief. I suddenly feel old. But I shrug off this feeling and focus on what we're here for. My big girl Delaney. It's hard for me to believe that in less than 3 months she will be heading off to kindergarten. Preschool for her is over. She is moving on. She is growing up. And honestly, sometimes I'm just plain not ready yet. I want to turn back the clock and relive the baby years with her. I want to remember the first steps she took. I want to remember the first time we ate at McDonald's together. I want to remember snuggling on the couch with her watching movie after movie when she was sick. But I'll be okay. I will focus on the fact that I have her for now. One day she will grow up to be a woman who will make choices that suit her. I may not agree with them but I want to be along for the ride with her no matter what.


I love you Delaney Grace. You make me proud every single day. I am proud you're my daughter and I'm so happy that I'm your momma. Congratulations on your graduation!





No comments: