Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Whatcha reading?


I finished this book two nights ago and have been dying to blog about how much I LOVE it. This book is wonderful. The Help by Kathryn Stockett is definitely a must read! And before I give a brief synopsis, I am supposed to mention to you all that Doug bought me this for Christmas. He wants credit for picking out such a good book so here it goes.....thanks dear!

This book is written in the 60's and takes place in Mississippi during segregation. It's written in 3 different perspectives. I must say, it's one of the BEST books I've read in a while. The Help made me thankful to Martin Luther King, Jr. in all he did to help achieve his dream of making everyone equal. Words really fail to express what I took away from reading this book. I highly recommend it and think you'll be enjoy it as much if not more than I did.

No comments: