Friday, December 11, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year....












We are walking through our neighborhood one chilly evening so the girls can admire all of the Christmas lights. This is so very exciting for them. Christmas time is here again and there are so many things we love to do as family that it's hard to know where to begin. For us, the Christmas season will officially be kicked off with a stroll through the neighborhood to oooooh and aaaaaawe over all the decor and lights. Some people like to use lights (us) and there are others like to use inflatables. I personally am NOT into the inflatables at all but I realize that kids love them so as we are admiring all that's up I act like I too am very excited to see the 15 snowman that is waving to us as we stroll past. It's not that I don't think the inflatables are cute it's just that I grew up seeing Christmas lights. "The more the merrier." I held out hope every year that this would be the year that my parents would make a replica of Clark Griswold's house from Christmas Vacation. 25,000 lights. In my mind, that darn house was beautiful! Really. So as we're strolling through the neighborhood looking at all the decor, my kids are getting thrills from the inflatables, and I am thrilled to see the lights. As we pass one of my neighbors, who yes does have the giant snowman I was referring to, they also happen to have a nativity scene in front. Delaney lights up like a tree herself and says, "Look Mom, it's God!"



2 comments:

Pam, mom, honey, said...

I have the same decorating bottles and can never seem to get the frosting in there right. how do you get your icing in there.

Katie said...

It does make a serious mess right!? I use a smaller knife that fits through the top & just do a little bit at a time. I have a set of IKEA plastic "kid" knives & those work pretty nicely.