Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cinderella & Belle


Meet Cinderella and Belle. They are the newest members of the Alexander family. Yes...they are birds, I know this. And who would have thought that these cute little birds are so damn messy. I mean it! They are messier than the girls on their worst day. So I have made Delaney the new dust buster girl. She is in charge of dust bustering under their cage like a million times a day. Because they are messy! We went into Petsmart for fish and came out with two parakeets instead. The only word that is springing to mind right now is....S-U-C-K-E-R. That would be me, momma bear. I feel so badly about how things ended with little Joey that I let Delaney talk me into birds knowing damn well that I am NOT a bird person nor is Doug. Honestly, I think these poor birds wish sometimes that I'd open their cage and so they could fly far far away from our little two year old terror who likes to try to pet them all the while rattling their cage and shaking the life out of them. Any time Hadley comes near the cage, the birds politely shuffle to the other side hoping that she'll not notice them. It's really just a matter of time before I find one or both of them flitting around the kitchen. Mark my words....

1 comment:

greenkiddo said...

i love you but you are crazy!! lol! girl you should have gone for another cat, you can't even cuddle a bird! :)