Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I miss my sick days...

5 years. That's how long I've been at my current position. SAHM (Stay-at-home mom). Don't get me wrong, most days I LOVE being home with my girls. I love that they get to have a morning routine that doesn't require me to herd them around the house screaming that they'd better hurry up and eat their Captain Crunch or they'll starve at school. Oh wait...that is our routine. Regardless of the crazy factor here in this house, I LOVE being home with my girls. I love that they love me being home with them.

The one thing though that I miss time and again are my sick days. I miss the fact that pre-kids, when I woke up puking or with a migraine that I knew would send me praying to the porcelain Gods at some point in the day, I could pick up the phone, call my boss and spend the whole damn day laying around puking. In. Peace. And. Quiet. Q-U-I-E-T.

Fast forward to my life today. I woke today feeling extremely tired. Hadley has been fighting off a virus that has caused her to run a fever of about 102 for the last 24 hours. Translation: I was up several times last night administering Motrin or Tylenol (depending on whose turn it was) and sponging a cold rag across my poor baby's little forehead because she felt like a small oven. So again, this is why I'm tired. As a SAHM, this is nothing really new. So I go on about our day. Take Delaney to school. Come home with Hadley to hang out since I don't want her going anywhere. I want her to recoup so to speak. About lunch time I start feeling a headache coming on. I don't think much of it. An hour later it's really starting to make it's presence known. I pop an Excedrin praying it goes away. Two hours later I'm lying on the couch wishing today was NOT the day Hadley decided to not nap. I'm in full blown migraine mode where every whine from one of the girls is about to set me over the edge. I know it's not their fault. I know they're not being bad on purpose to ruin my life because my head is about to explode. But it's just that my head felt like it was going to explode. And that is why I MISS MY SICK DAYS!!!

No comments: