Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hollywood Studios at Disney

"Magic" Mickey as Delaney called him



So sweet! This pic is why we have children!


Hadley showing off her Daisy tattoo


Hadley playing in Honey I Shrunk the Kids


Delaney playing in Honey I Shrunk the Kids


Hadley getting a tattoo


Yes....we're baaaaaack! It's like I need a vacation from my vacation! Seriously, no one else in the whole wide world loves Disney World as much as me. I am like a giant kid when it comes to this place. So, in honor of our week long trip & my obsession, I will be dedicating this week to blogging about our family trip to Walt Disney World. Woohoo! All in all, this was a GREAT trip! We had one very low point in the trip which I will mention but not get into great detail just yet. It's a long story and I don't have the heart to write about it just yet. Our sweet Hadley was hosptialized while on vacation because of something called Epiglottitis or stridor. She had to spend 24 hours in the hospital. As I said, I will blog about this incident separately as it has a very long story behind it. She is completely FINE now and throwing a fit as I type this.



So the first day and a half of our trip was spent in Hollywood Studios or as I remember it, MGM studios. While I enjoy this park a lot, it's not the best for little kids. True, they did have some things that were truly geared for younger children. They offer a lot of musical shows & 3D shows. They had some rides that looked pretty awesome but again, for older children. We did enjoy Playhouse Disney, The Little Mermaid Show, Beauty & the Beast show, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and the Muppet 3D show. Doug and Delaney rode some sort of Star Wars ride that Hadley was too little to ride. So while they were doing this, Hadley & I ventured off to get a tattoo. To be specific, a Daisy tattoo that even at this moment is still intact and shows no signs of fading. Go Disney! Whatever they're using in their tattoos, they should share with the rest of the world.



My personal favorite thing that we experienced at Hollywood Studios was the Beauty & the Beast show. It was a 20 minute performance with singing & dancing. The girls literally did NOT move a muscle during the performance, especially Hadley. They watched in awe. I love all the costumes. I'm always a little fascinated at how fast they can change into something new.

1 comment:

kristi said...

I just came across your blog and HAD to leave a comment...

my best friend has a daughter named "Hadley" also. I LOVE that name! :) Hope you & your family had a nice time in Disney.