Sunday, August 2, 2009

Out of the mouth....

I know there are some words that come out of Delaney's mouth that are not really bad words but because we live in a super-sensitive world, I feel that we have to be extra cautious of the things she says. It doesn't help that 95% of the words she hears that are considered "bad" are words from her beloved "G" rated Disney movies. Like....STUPID, LOSER, SHUT UP...you get the idea! So we were riding in the car the other day headed to meet some friends when Delaney starts up a conversation that goes something like this:

D: Mom did you know that Cruella Deville is a loser?

Me: Ummm...no honey I didn't know that. You know, I don't like the word loser so let's not use it okay?

D: I know mommy but she isn't very nice so that makes her a loser.

Me: You're right dear, Cruella isn't very nice.

I mean seriously, how in the world am I to argue that logic? The woman kidnaps puppies to skin them for their fur for crying out loud! So yes Delaney.....Cruella Deville is a LOSER!!!

No comments: