Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yes...I'm a slacker these days!


Okay, I know I haven't been blogging much lately. Honestly, there really isn't anything new to talk about. More of the same sometimes, especially because the kids are STILL out of school. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is read. Really I read all year long but I get the most reading done in the summer. With my man McDreamy on hiatus, and my refusal of watching stupid reality shows, I have been getting some serious reading done.


This summer a good friend of mine told me that I just HAD to read the "Outlander series." I had never heard of these books. This same said friend has a lot of the same taste in reading as I do so I took up her offer of borrowing hers. Oh. My. God. Do I ever love these damn books? For those interested, it's a series of 6 books (soon to be 7 in September). In a few words, it's about a woman who lives in the 1940s and accidentally time travels back to the 1740s in Scotland. She falls in love but there's all this turmoil and war going on. It's so well written. I can't say more because I seriously don't want to give anything away but take my advice, these books are AWESOME. They're so good in fact that I have caught myself multiple times reading while my kids are playing or watching a movie. I'm always itching to pick them up.


So if I fall off the face of the blogworld for a while, you know what I'm doing!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Oh! I'm looking for a good read - thanks for the recommendation!! :)