Monday, June 1, 2009

Reverse Psychology 101

Okay....so parenting is not an easy job by any stretch. Doug and I try to be on the same page as far as how to discipline the girls but we don't always see eye to eye. So the other day, I took the girls to Wal-Mart with me to grocery shop. While we we turning a corner and heading down a new aisle, Delaney was looking behind her and not paying a bit of attention to where she was walking, smacked her head onto the shopping cart. While I waited for hysterics to break out, which with girls always seem to happen, this is what unfolded:

K: Honey, I'm so sorry (kisses for head injury). You really need to pay attention to where you're walking, okay?

D: Mommy! How could you do that to me??!

K: You have to watch in front of you so you can see when mommy is going to stop the shopping cart. You ran into the cart because you weren't paying attention.

D: How would you like it if I took your head and smacked it onto the shopping cart?

Okay...here's where I notice that Doug has been using his "reverse psychology" technique and of course, it's rearing it's ugly head at me. So I didn't say anything else to Delaney because I honestly didn't know what to say. I did have a few words for her father later on....

No comments: