Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Letting Go


Okay, most of you that know me well know that I have LOVED the show Jon & Kate Plus 8. The first two seasons, especially, were my all-time favorites! Even though I do not have 8 kids (nor do I want that many) I felt a connection to Kate. I felt connected to her in that crazy stay-at-home mom kinda way...like we all gotta stick together mentality.
The last 6 months of this show have been sad to watch. It's been very obvious, that this "happy" family is just not happy any longer. Now, having watched the Season 5 premiere on Monday, I must ask....how far are they willing to go? I mean, I keep hearing Kate say she wants to continue this show but seriously.....WHY??? Your marriage is falling completely apart and your kids can't go out in public without the papparazi stalking them to take their pictures. And that's just naming a few issues! So I just wonder how far Jon & Kate are willing to go to continue to seek money and fame? When is enough just enough.......

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Ugh. Kate Gosselin just plain makes me sick. She is all about the money---$20 for an interview, getting a boob job and tummy tuck courtesy of TLC, and she flat out treats her husband like shit. They don't even show the nanny on the show! She even acts like the kids get on her nerves. John is definitely the better parent!

Katie said...

I have NOT watched any more of their shows...I'm DONE! It's not a realistic show anymore. It was nice to watch at first b/c you felt like you had something in common with this family such as saving money, kids on your nerves, etc. but now we have NOTHING in common. They're not even on the shows together anymore! Good riddens.....