Thursday, May 21, 2009

Delaney's Surgery

Delaney pre-surgery

Giving some of her new toys a ride

Mommy & Delaney


Delaney killing time


Today, Delaney had surgery to have her tonsils & adenoids removed. I was NOT crazy about the idea of her having surgery but....I had to bite the bullet and do this. I mean, this poor child has had strept throat 7 times in the last year and it's just too much to say the least. She did really well! Everything went smoothly and we could not have been happier! I, on the other hand, almost broke down in the surgery room while they were putting her under anesthia. I'm looking at my sweet girl and the next thing I feel is her hand go limp in mine and I look over at her as her eyes are rolling into the back of her head. So sad! I just wanted to scoop her up and run away. But I didn't! So at the end of this ordeal, I have one very grouchy girl laying on the sofa with her daddy demanding more ice cream! I guess every cloud has a silver lining!!

No comments: