Sunday, September 28, 2008

Delaney's love of colors



Okay, I'm going to share an "out of the mouth of babes" story with you all. Today, Delaney and I are at Wal-mart checking out. A really nice black woman was checking us out. Delaney liked her because she let Delaney help her twirl the station with all the plastic bags on them. Suddenly Delaney looks at me and says, "Mommy, that lady is brown." Okay....I'm actually a little embarrassed and NOT because of what Delaney said but because I'm so aware of how some people are sensitive to comments like this. I also didn't want this nice woman to think we were racist or anything of the sort. We're NOT by any means. I'm not sure what I really mumbled to her in my quietest voice ever but Delaney's response to me was unbelieveably sweet. She said, "Mommy, that lady is brown, we're white, Thistle Whistle is blue, Spike the dragon is purple, & Pinkie Pie is pink." By the way, the last 3 characters in that statement are from My Little Pony. I explained to her that yes, we're all different colors and isn't that nice! She smiled and agreed. And off we went.....I guess I need to be more prepared for whatever is going to come out of her mouth!

1 comment:

charlie&gracie said...

that is so stinkin' cute!! i love her!