Friday, July 25, 2008

One More Month.....






One more month and off to school again we go! Yes, our summer has about a month left and Delaney will be back in preschool for the "3-year class." As much as I enjoy the down time of not having to rush about for school, I'm very much looking forward to the end of next month! 3-1/2 months is a long time to be out and I think even Delaney is looking forward to it at this point! Delaney is still our sassy spirited girl who is keeping us very much on our toes these days with the crazy, absurd things that come out of her mouth! She has an attitude and when she gets mad at us, she folds her arms over her chest and runs away to pout! It's exasperating to say the least! Sometimes it drives us crazy and other times I feel myself about to burst out laughing! Even though she's a handful, Delaney still has her very sweet, sensitive side that I always love. Never afraid to give kisses or stop playing to let you know she loves you and you're still her best friend. And of course....we still are OBSESSED with ponies!
As for our Hadley girl, she just turned 15 months old this week! Growing like a little weed! She's our zen, sweet girl that we want to squeeze the life out of all the time! And because she's been so zen and laidback, we've become aware lately that her "toddler" attitude is starting to kick in. She will NOT let you feed her much of anything, including her favorite food, yogurt. If I can smell that her diaper is "dirty," I always out loud ask Hadley if it is and the minute I finish my question, she is up and gone as fast as she can!! Recently, Hadley has started going "boneless" if you pick her up and interupt her doing something fun. I mean, I knew the day would come when she would start expressing herself more but I wasn't quite ready for it! The pictures above are of Hadley's newest friend, Bismol (Pepto Bismol is her full name). This is by far the most annoying toy we've ever owned! Of course, Hadley doesn't think so at all.....she's quite fond of her! And so is her sister....

1 comment:

charlie&gracie said...

jennifer and I were just saying today how ready we are for preschool to start back! let's play soon!