Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day at Stone Mountain Park





Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas who are reading this! Today, we spent Mother's Day at Stone Mountain Park. We really had a good time! Unfortunately, because we had a storm move through here last night, today was soo windy and the park closed the sky lift (Delaney was sad). We did not get to go to the top of the mountain (I was not pushing a stroller with lil Hadley all the way to the top). We did get to do a lot of fun things still! We rode the train around the mountain, the girls played in a place called "The Barn," which is an old barn turned into a play place for kids. Of course we had to stop and have some homemade ice cream!!! Yummy is all I can say (I'll let the pictures speak for themselves). We just hung out and enjoyed ourselves. We promised Delaney that we will go back & ride the sky lift! Will post pictures from the top one day soon!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Hi Katie,
I wanted to introduce myself and tell you how grateful we are that you blogged about the park. I'm glad you enjoyed your day (I'm sorry the Skyride was closed!). What beautiful photos and beautiful children! Anway, I work in the PR department at Stone Mountain and I just wanted to extend a hello. If you ever need anything please feel free to contact me at kswann@stonemountainpark.com or 770-413-5058.
Kelley Swann